Tuesday, December 1, 2009

VAMPIRES ARE COMING!!!!

I am pleased to announce that we are in the home stretch of production for season 1 of The Undead Diaries We're shooting the last four episodes this week along with a new promo or two. You can check out the current promo on our YouTube channel. Why not subscribe while your there? : )

I am incredibly proud of what we've accomplished and I can honestly say I've chosen my friends wisely. They have all been so gracious with their time, energy, passion....each helping out every way they can. I am truly humbled by them all.

There's still a lot of work ahead. I've been editing as we've gone along so post-production isn't going to be a complete nightmare (I've been there before and it ain't pretty!) but there are still a couple of snafoo's I need to address. I've also started writing Season 2, which is a really interesting experience. I swear when I came up with this idea two years ago I had written down an outline for 5 or 6 seasons. For the life of me, I can't find it. Since then, every teeny tiny idea I have gets put in my gmail account. I won't be letting that happen again! I'm pleased with what I've written thus far, I just hate the thought of having some great idea disappear because I can't keep ahold of a piece of paper!

In between the writing and editing and filming is the marketing/promotion. Now I don't feel like I'm doing too badly in this area. I actually feel more confident marketing the web series than marketing myself as an actor. It just feels different when it's a "thing" instead of a "you". I am very proud of my awesome postcard idea that has been implemented. Greg and I have been posting everywhere we can think of...Facebook, IMDB (although that post was buried quickly), MySpace, any vampire forum I come across....it's been a lot of work. I think it's going to quickly get to the point where we have to just back away and let it take on a life of it's own.

1 comment:

Laura Martone said...

Yay, Angel! I'm so proud of you. Happy dance, happy dance!

Ahem.

Re: your bad-ass marketing skills, you go, girl! Speaking of marketing, Dan told you about the vampire shop in the French Quarter, right? The website is: www.feelthebite.com, and they're willing to swap links with you.